Giving Shares of Stock
Gifts of appreciated stocks or mutual fund shares can have an immediate impact to the Foundation and result in an income tax deduction for you.
Also, they can be gifted to the Foundation without triggering capital gains taxes, so long as your broker electronically transfers them directly to the Foundation's account. You want to avoid selling the assets yourself and then making a gift of the proceeds because that will trigger a capital gains liability for you.
To make a gift of stock to the Foundation, please provide your broker with the following information provided below (California Ricelands Waterbird Foundation Wire Transfer Instructions Appreciated Stock).
This type of gift is right for:
- Those with appreciated stocks. You can gift the stock to the Foundation and avoid paying capital gains taxes.
What are the beneftis?
- You will receive a charitable Income tax deduction that is Equal to the fair market value of the stock.
- You can avoid paying capital gains taxes while supporting the Foundation.
- Have questions? Need assistance? Contact Kim DeVincenzi via email or call us at (916) 387-2264.
California Ricelands Waterbird Foundation Wire Transfer Instructions Appreciated Stock
Incoming Wire Transfer Instructions:
Domestic Incoming Wires
Wells Fargo Bank
420 Montgomery Street
San Francisco, CA 94104
Telephone Number: 800-869-3557
Wells Fargo Clearing Services, LLC
1 North Jefferson
St. Louis, MO 63103
Acct. #: 4122023377
Broker to Broker transfers:
Are done at the initiating brokers side. They can initiate regular/one time transfers with the following information:
Account Name: CALIFORNIA RICELANDS WATERBIRD FOUNDATION
Account Number: 5803-8112
DTC/ACAT number: 0141
Further Credit: Client Name (CALIFORNIA RICELANDS WATERBIRD FOUNDATION), 8-digit brokerage account number (5803-8112)
- To avoid a delay in the posting of a wire or the wire being returned, the Further Credit information must match the account registration on the brokerage account. If the account is a trust account, the name of the trust should be included in the wire details.
- The eight digit brokerage number must be included in the wire details to avoid a delay in posting or return of the wire.